Get Firefox!

Thursday, October 21, 2004

The nomenclature that I keep for myself

Many people (well not exactly many as i aint so popular, not yet at least ;-) ) have asked me about the names that I for myself when I use a computer or the internet.

Lets begin with my self kept nick The BATFAN itself. Well as most of you would have (i am not saying should have) guessed it is a take off from my favourite comic book superhero The BATMAN. Well so what is so different about the BATMAN. The first thing is that he comes out only in the nights like any other bat. Uhhhmmm, I guess we all knew that. Ok serious ly whats so different about the BATMAN. It is the fact that he is probably(i dont know for sure, aint a diehard fan of stats until I am the one who makes them) the first comic book hero who was completely human. So he is basically just like one of us. Hey wait you got to be kidding me here. Right. Mean a normal person being BATMAN. (Ha...lol...cough cough....choking...) This guy is really nuts. Well what i just mean to say is there are some qualities that like The BATMAN we all have(or at least should have, that kinda makes us a hero if we want to be that is). Well will keep updating on this one.

Coming to the next nomencalture i have now used on the net for myself. XFM stands for Xplosiv Free Mind. The X in Xplosiv is emphasised to recollect on the 2 personal passions, Linux and The Matrix. Xplosiv also symbolizes my nature literally when i tend to lose my temper due to unknown(or lets say incomprehensible) reasons. Free Mind is the state that i want to achieve. Free can also signify the freedom as in GNU/Linux and OSS in general. I really think that for every proprietary closed source app there is a viable open source tool already available which most of us(sadly including myself at times) are not really bothered to look out for.

End of Post. To be updated.

Ankit Malhotra
(The BATFAN)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sriram said...

Define 'viable'

How many graphic artists would use Gimp instead of Photoshop? Or one of the open source 3d modelling tools instead of 3dsmax or Maya. Or an open source anti-virus instead of Norton. Or an open source game instead of Half-life 2 or Doom 3.

Open source apps have a long way to go before they catch proprietary software in a lot of fields

November 17, 2004 at 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home